Monday, April 2, 2007

April Fool’s Day is truly a day for the fools who limit themselves to “freaking the squares” for just one day. Disruption should be a constant goal for those who truly wish to make fools of others, or at the very least make others open their eyes from their mundane existences. Every day is the best day to make people question if everything they know is wrong.

I have tests in my Funds Management in Financial Institutions and Portfolio Analysis class, I probably should’ve studied, I definitely should be studying now instead of writing this. I make poor decisions, and I have little discipline. I resolve to do things, and as soon as I have an excuse not to, I stop doing those things. These writings, as simple and random as they may be, will likely fall by the wayside without a greater resolve and dedication. Many of the things I do to improve myself have no discernable results for long periods of time. One of my goals was to study some every day, didn’t work out so well.

I have nothing to write really, and certainly nothing that couldn’t be or hasn’t been said by someone who could say it better. I could make this a log of my day, but that would make these postings shorter by an order of magnitude. Pretty much the only thing that happened was my PSP broke. I can no longer use it as an MP3 player, which was the only use I’m getting out of it anyway. The DS is a vastly superior machine, and much less fragile. I suppose I can find a tiny Phillips head screwdriver in an attempt to repair it. The warranty is far gone as it stands.

Have you ever had an experience where you never really noticed something for a long time, yet it is not unnoticeable by any measure, even if it doesn’t really matter? I’ve had this happen to me with a mountain. A road I had travelled many times, and it was right in front of me, far across the valley, yet I never noticed it until the sun shone on it just right. Now when I travel down that road, though it is much less often since I no longer live near it, I can’t help but notice that mountain. In the city of Richmond I’ve experienced much the same thing. Right across the street, visible from my window is a building with a very interesting looking texture, yet it took me many months before I noticed it, while it wasn’t as massive as a mountain, its proximity to me made this phenomenon seem all the more strange

No comments: